AGR AT A GLANCE
African Gold Refinery Limited (AGR) is a Ugandan-based company that has been established since 2014 and pioneering in the gold sector on the African continent.
AGR’s state-of-the-art refining facilities offers the highest quality standards in line with refining, assaying, manufacturing as well as serving the mining industry on the continent.
AGR has obtained all licenses relating to processing, importing and exporting precious metals in a manner favourable with fiscal regime. Whereas, an authority assigned by the government is monitoring each and every single gram entering in AGR facilities, ensuring that whatever quantity received in AGR is being processed thereafter exported. It only implies that, everything is documented and being declared thus the production and export figures are exponentially increasing.
AGR is very proud of the economic beneficiation we are bringing to Uganda and the region, some of the major benefits are:
- The dramatic rise in transparency in the gold sector
- The unprecedented decrease in illegal gold trafficking
- The generation of 1.8 billion Ugandan shillings in government revenue paid by AGR in 2016
- The employment of 85 Ugandan staff at all levels of the business
- The vital transfer of special skills for Ugandans and transfer of technologies to Uganda.
- The major inward investment of over USD: 23 million
- The consistency and expansion of Corporate Social Responsibility Program (Social impact) by sponsoring Entebbe Children Welfare School – AGR is financing the building of a new cluster at the school (designed for the handicapped students), supporting Food Step Uganda (Charity & Orphanage), Masavu Football Team, Entebbe Marathon and other community services.
Within four (4) years of operations, AGR proved that it has the competence to produce up to 600kgs high finished fine-gold kilo-bars per day. The company’s refining capacity is up to 600kgs/ per day. AGR goods is fully insured from the point of delivery up to the time of shipment until it reaches at the destination.
AGR ensures that our engagement within the mineral sector is benefiting the local communities as well as the country. AGR is supporting the international community on its campaign for the transparency of the supply chain. We, as a refiner is very much eager to bear and execute this venture more than anyone else. AGR believes, that our strict acceptance policy with respect to customers and suppliers through our due diligence and KYC (Know Your Customer) conforms with supply chain policies while pursuing risk mitigation. AGR does independent checks by sending independent scouts on the ground.
AGR appointed Martello Risk Limited to conduct the compliance audit before the end of 2018, once the compliance audit is completed we would be able to furnish the details on this website.
AGR conducts a complete transparent melting and refining process complying with the principles of international and local health, safety and environmental policies.
AGR aims to take steps further in mapping the gold by setting up a full documented chain of custody, first in the industry and unique in the world of gold trading and refining. With this in view, AGR seeks strong collaboration and partnership with international organizations, civil society, government departments and private sectors.
This project will have a budget of USD 5M the first year and USD 2.5M/year for the following 4 year. Sponsors for this program will be sourced at the sector itself, from: civil society, governments and International organisations.